Wednesday, November 1, 2017

2017-2018 Classroom Tour

It's November 1st and I'm just now getting around to sharing my 4th grade classroom!  I try to be intentional when laying out a classroom and I LOVE open spaces.  I always start the year with blank walls so my students can add their own touches to them and we can fill them with anchor charts and resources.  So without further ado, here's a little peak into my home away from home. 

Here's a view from the back of the room.  I don't have a window and I have a wall that could use some serious TLC so I used flat twin sheets from Wal Mart to mock-up a window! 

A quick peak into the library.  Now those boards are full of charts and student work! 

People, these chairs were SO easy and CHEAP to make.  And they are a FAVORITE spot in the classroom.  Stop by Ikea, and grab yourself one for only $6.  I applied vinyl cut out circles to them to add a pop of color. 


This is my small group table and most of my supplies/important things.  Now the table has yoga balls surrounding it for the kids to sit at and work. 

A view to the front of the room. 

TIP: Use a desktop calendar for your board and then you don't have to change the days every month.  I was THE WORST at that when I taught primary!! 


 A closer up view of the "window"  HA!

Here's our makerspace.  The kids love this area.  It's easy to use and keeps all of those items that look like junk out of sight!  The bulletin board is used to display the projects and plans they make in the makerspace.  


The doors to enter the classroom have two windows.  I used tension rods, 3M hooks, and sheets from WalMart to hang inexpensive curtains to add a little homey look. 

These shelves house our current read alouds, pictures of our class, and a few student supplies such as clipboards and dry erase boards. 



As I said before, a few things have evolved and been added, but this is mostly what our room looks like!  Hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment